Ghosts of Derbies Past: Everton vs. Liverpool, 23 November,

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    nsod Index du Forum -> Général -> Blabla
Auteur Message
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Avr - 05:42 (2018)    Sujet du message: Ghosts of Derbies Past: Everton vs. Liverpool, 23 November, Répondre en citant

ส โบ เบ็ ต There was a time when I believed a life lived out of one’s suitcase was glamourous. A new city every night, with all of the attendant sights and sounds. For a kid that lived in a claustrophobic home - even a metropolis like Los Angeles felt small. The world, though, was out there to be seen.

And why not? My parents had crossed an ocean, leaving behind their respective families, to place their stake in the American Dream(tm). Adventure was in my blood and I planned on living up to my birthright.

But here I was, on November 23rd, 2013, watching Liverpool take on Everton in what would be a thrilling match, alone in my hotel room. All glamour in the idea of constant travel more or less erased.

The match came at the end of my first conference for my old job; being that I worked for a municipality, where funds were always tight, I felt privileged to have gotten the nod to attend. That I’d only recently been promoted to this position made it even better. I’d not been to San Francisco since a child and this opportunity to site-see and get away from home for a few days was tempting.

But that excitement lasted very shortly. You see, I’m very much an introvert and making new friends is super awkward. More, I was engaged (now married to that same woman), and I did not anticipate just how much I’d miss her - a thing I realized with even more clarity last year. Suffice to say, by the time the match rolled around, I was basically done w/ my stay and 100% ready to be home. ส โบ เบ็ ต

The story of that derby is a wild one: Liverpool saw themselves go up 2-1 on the strength of first half goals from Phil Coutinho and Luis Suarez. But then the Ev charged back with two thunderbolts from Romelu Lukaku, with the latter of the goals putting the Toffees ahead with less than 10 minutes left to go before stoppage time.

But then, in the 89th minute, Daniel Sturridge arrived with another important goal in a season already filled with important Daniel Sturridge goals, to salvage a point for the Reds. Muted elation. I danced in the privacy of my hotel room. Fired off some tweets to the friends that kept me company, donned my Liverpool jacket, and headed out into the brisk San Francisco air to spend my last hours in the City before heading home.

Across the street from my hotel was the legendary Ferry Building and I’d spent most mornings there getting a coffee and watching the water before heading into my sessions at conference. This morning, the market was much busier, and as the sunlight fell in slatted patterns across the storefronts and should-to-shoulder mass of people, I found myself in that comforting paradox of being alone in a crowd that comes with big city living. ส โบ เบ็ ต

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 7 Avr - 05:42 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Dim 10 Juin - 05:15 (2018)    Sujet du message: Hugo Lloris backed by France boss Didier Deschamps after err Répondre en citant

Hugo Lloris backed by France boss Didier Deschamps after error in draw with USA

ฟุตบอล ออนไลน์ France boss Didier Deschamps defended Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris after his side were held 1-1 by the USA in Lyon. Lloris failed to keep out Julian Green’s shot at his near post, which he appeared to have covered, as the USA took a shock first-half lead with their only attempt on goal.

Kylian Mbappe fired home a second-half equaliser, but Les Bleus squandered several other chances and were well below-par in their final warm-up match before the World Cup finals. Lloris has come under scrutiny in the Premier League this season after making several errors for Tottenham, which directly led to goals.

“Everyone will have their own analysis of Hugo’s season,” Deschamps told a post-match press conference. “Yes, he made three errors with Tottenham that cost goals – (but) he played 60 games, he also earned points for Tottenham, as he made points for the team of France. “Tonight, obviously he knows it, he can do better on the goal that we conceded, even if there is an error of Djibril Sidibe before. ฟุตบอล ออนไลน์

“But I’m not here to question everything. He has a long, painful season, he’s going to get on with it too.” Green initially seized on a mistake by France defender Sidibe, who slipped while attempting to clear a cross, before firing home the USA’s first-ever goal against France.

A disappointing send-off for Deschamps’ side at Lyon’s Groupama Stadium was compounded by an injury sustained by Olivier Giroud. The Chelsea striker was forced off early in the second half after a clash of heads with USA defender Matt Miazga. Giroud has been reported by L’Equipe to have had six stitches in a cut above his left eyebrow, while Chelsea centre-half Miazga, currently on loan at Dutch club Vitesse, needed 15 stitches in a head wound that left him concussed. ฟุตบอล ออนไลน์

chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Juin - 08:24 (2018)    Sujet du message: Championship gossip: Newcastle United's chase of West Brom s Répondre en citant

Championship gossip: Newcastle United's chase of West Brom striker in doubt, Swansea chasing Rangers defender

sbobet8888 Costs could call off Newcastle's Rondon deal
Newcastle United are concerned about the rising costs of a deal for West Bromwich Albion striker Salomon Rondon according to the latest report from the Shields Gazette.The Premier League club are understood to still be monitoring the Baggies front man, who is reported to have a £16.6m release clause, but there are concerns over high wages and agent fees.The paper also reports Newcastle have been linked with a £13million move for Swansea City attacker Jordan Ayew, and are also keeping an eye on Lyon's 20-year-old forward Jean-Philippe Mateta who scored a stunning 19 goals in 16 Ligue 2 games on loan at Le Harve last season. 

Maddison passes medical
James Maddison has passed a medical at Leicester City BT Sport understands.The Norwich starlet has been poised for a big money move this summer and a £24 million fee is believed to have been agreed.Despite interest from Everton and Southampton a switch to the Foxes has always been the Canaries midfielder’s preference, as it offers him the chance to be closer to his home in Coventry.

Lukas Fabianski to join West Ham
Premier League side West Ham are interested in securing relegated Swansea City shot-stopper Lukas Fabianski on a three-year deal.Although the 33-year-old is currently preparing for Poland’s first World Cup fixture against Senegal he has recently confirmed that this deal will go ahead to Przeglad Sportowy . sbobet8888 The Hammers are in need of a first choice goalkeeper with Joe Hart returning to Manchester City and Adrian uncertain over his future under Manuel Pellegrini.

Allen stays at Stoke
Joe Allen has penned a new deal at Stoke City which will see him at the club until 2022.The Welshman was relegated with the Potters last season and was therefore linked to a move back into the Premier League.However, the 28-year-old has contracted his future at the Bet365 with hopes of bouncing back under new manager Gary Rowett the club website states.

Swans chasing Rangers defender
Swansea though want to sign Rangers' James Tavernier for £3 million according to Mail Online.It is believed however that several other clubs are interested in concluding a deal despite Steven Gerrard wanting to keep his starting right-back. sbobet8888

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 11:17 (2018)    Sujet du message: Ghosts of Derbies Past: Everton vs. Liverpool, 23 November,

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    nsod Index du Forum -> Général -> Blabla Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation